Rag Chew Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play Bass!

3 posters

Go down

Play Bass! Empty Play Bass!

Post  N1LAF Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:26 pm

I came across this link in my search for music material to learn playing bass. This particular selection was on my short list, and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gl40GL3qBo

The key words were "bass cover", which has videos of people playing bass. This was #2 on my list, after Archie, N8OBM, worked out the music, Miracles by Jefferson Starship, for me.

The bass playing is coming along.
N1LAF
N1LAF
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Play Bass! Empty Re: Play Bass!

Post  N1LAF Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:06 pm

N1LAF
N1LAF
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  N2IZE Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:38 am

N1LAF wrote:There's more...
I have been humbled, big time....
Don't worry about being humbled on the bass. It happens to me all the time on the violin. I consider myself a pretty good player, I can blaze through some rather difficult pieces yet, when I listen to a top notch player, a real master of the art playing it humbles me and puts me back down in my place and reminds me how much more work I would need to do before I could even begin to approach the title of being a "top player". Probably decades more study, hard work, and practice. Playing any instrument is a life long learning process. Even the great players of all time will always say they are learning something new and always striving to do it better. And regardless of yopur present skill level the more you keep working at it the more you'll notice how much you have improved.

N2IZE

Back to top Go down

Post  N9XR Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:32 pm

You guys ought to post videos of your work on Youtube.
N9XR
N9XR
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Post  N2IZE Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:14 pm

N9XR wrote:You guys ought to post videos of your work on Youtube.
I think there might already be a couple of videos of me playing with my orchestra on YouTube. If not there probably will be soon as I have a concert this coming Sunday and then our Big Fall concert coming up in October followed bu a couple more concerts around the Winter/Holiday season.

As far as videos/recordings of me playing solo I don't have any as of yet. I have recorded myself a few times but the recordings are of marginally quality and mainly meant for my ears, so as to pick out weak points in my playing technique that could stand improvement. In the near future I want to build up a nice solo repertoire. Nothing too fancy, just some stuff that sounds good and work on it till I am satisfied. Hopefully at that time I can have some studio recordings and videos done which would be suitable for U Tube. Or maybe I'll try and record them myself. Problem is that right now I don't have much in the way of decent quality recording or video equipment. But yeah, I would like to do some solo or small group work, maybe a small chambre ensemble and put it up on the TUBE.

N2IZE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum